"Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago"
- Warren Buffett
At Sempimimi, we will only work with manufacturers whose business ethics are in line with our own, which means that they must rank highly in employer ethics and labour standards.
Our manufacturer in India has been successfully audited by SMETA and has been proven to comply with the strong ethical processes laid out by this body.
We ensure that the following principles concerning employer ethics are followed within our own office and by our manufacturers:
- Ensuring that local laws are respected
- Protecting the human rights of employees
- Ensuring that high labour standards are maintained in the work place
- Implementing the best Health and Safety practices in the work place
- Developing the business in a socially responsible manner
SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) uses the ethical Trading Initiative Base code and the local law as its monitoring standard for the SMETA-4 pillar audits. The measurement criteria covers Health and Safety, Labour Standards, Business Ethics and Environment aspects. SEDEX (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange) is a non-profit, membership organisation that leads work with buyers and suppliers to deliver improvements in responsible and ethical business practices in global supply chains.